Further information is available on enquiring by e mail to: Julia Smith.....     fyddlersend@icloud.com                                                                                                           


Every day we thank the Lord Jesus for the miracles in our lives, remembering how He suffered and died for us. He defeated death, He is alive and is always with us.

This testimony is to honour Him, and our prayer is that you, dear reader, will be touched by His wonderful love.

We make no apology for testifying about the miraculous healing the Lord Jesus did in 1997, and the miracles that are still happening. With Jesus we live life in the supernatural, how awesome is that?

When you invite Jesus into your heart, say sorry for all the wrong stuff in your life, and ask Jesus to forgive you, life is never the same again.

The definition of a miracle … an extraordinary event attributed to some supernatural agency … any remarkable occurrence. Miraculous (the nature of a miracle ) … marvellous, wonderful, incredible, astonishing, unbelievable, extraordinary, spectacular, phenomenal, remarkable, unexplainable ...  Jesus is enough. With Jesus as Lord of our lives we can be content in any circumstance. Jesus says….When you desire Me with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength, I fill up all other needs in your life. I give to you so that you may share with others. As you empty yourself, I fill you to overflowing with My Holy Spirit….. “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.

”2Corinthians 12:9  TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!  “He Himself took our sickness and carried away our diseases.

Matt. 8:17 Jesus is enough. With Jesus as Lord of our lives we can be content in any circumstance. Jesus says….When you desire Me with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength, I fill up all other needs in your life. I give to you so that you may share with others. As you empty yourself, I fill you to overflowing with My Holy Spirit….. “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is    perfected in weakness.”2Corinthians 12:9   


My God is a wonderful, powerful and healing God. My testimony is to God’s Glory. He healed me from osteo, rheumatoid arthritis and osteo porosis. I am still registered disabled for life, there is no cure for these conditions. I had deteriorated to the point of being unable to walk unaided, and the pain was so bad I was on a morphine based drug and steroids.

Jesus blessed me with a wonderful peace about my situation, and although all my other joints were a mess I could still use my hands. In August 1997 the disease overtook them, fingers and thumbs were swollen and very painful. I was devastated, my peace left me and I felt there was nothing to live for. I prayed to be taken home to be with the Lord.

I was admitted to hospital for a steroid drip, but the specialist said there was little he could do. God led a Christian supply nurse to the hospital, she had never worked there before, she lived so far away, but on this occasion she felt led by God to accept when they telephoned. She sat with me and we talked about our faith. I was uplifted, and through my precious Saviour Jesus Christ my peace was restored and I was spiritually healed by Him. Jesus had poured His love and peace back into my spirit and I knew no matter what the future held, I could cope, because of, and with, Jesus.

The following night Jesus healed me physically. I woke in the morning knowing I felt different but not realising why. Suddenly I understood, for the first time in twenty years every pain in my body was gone. All evidence of disease had vanished, I looked different, the ‘moon face’ caused by steroids and all deformity and swelling was gone. I could move every part of my body like an athlete. 'The consultant and the nurses were shocked. I had been completely healed, and they admitted, nothing in their treatment could heal me.

Praise the Lord. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

Gone are the deformities and swelling, no more pain killers or anti-inflammatory drugs, no more disability. I was in amazing health, I looked and felt twenty years younger.

There were real problems trying to stop the disability benefit, because the adjudicators said my conditions are not curable. They don’t know my Jesus. They are adamant my benefits are for life. Eventually they decided to humour me, saying that when I decide I need the benefits again I should let them know.

Dennis and I remember our lives before my healing. It keeps us focused on how much the Lord Jesus Christ has blessed us. Dennis was burdened with the responsibility of a full time job and also looking after me.

Having trained as a nurse and then as a teacher I had been used to a busy life. Once Adrian was at school I took up my career in teaching and I was interviewed for Head teacher before the specialist gently suggested that I really needed a less physically demanding job, or to consider early retirement. I refused to give in and moved into Further Education, lecturing and also leading the Early Years Team. A fall put an end to my career, and I was forced into early retirement, becoming registered disabled for the rest of my life. Even then Jesus was working a miracle within me, He gave me such peace about my situation, and I wrote two Christian books and had many Christian Poems published. I felt really blessed.

Dennis and I went to church and we prayed and studied the Bible, BUT, neither of us ever considered that Jesus could and would heal me. It wasn’t that we didn’t think He could, it was just a whole area of Jesus and His work in the church today that we sadly failed to have teaching on. We faced a hard future, I needed help for the simplest actions, and getting dressed was an arduous task. Going anywhere was problematic because Dennis had to make sure places were accessible, so I didn’t have to walk. I hated using walking-sticks, but, after several falls I had no choice. One of my low points came when the specialist looked at me with pitying eyes and said “You poor old thing.” I was only in my forties, supposedly the prime of my life.

In 1998 I met this same specialist, who also examined me the morning I was healed, he is still marvelling at the miracle. To quote from a letter he wrote to me, “There are more things in heaven and on earth than we know or understand.” 

The Lord provided us with some wonderful teaching once I was healed, and we now understand the miraculous works the Lord can do, and Praise God we are privileged to pray for people, being used ourselves by God.

Just after my miracle a dear sister in Christ asked if I would like accompany her to London for a week of meetings about healing. Feeling really excited I prepared to go with her. The day before we were due to leave I went out into the garden to feed the birds. It was as though someone put out a foot and caused me to fall and it was a bad one, I ended up in hospital. Thankfully nothing was broken, but after only a couple of weeks of vitality and health here I was yet again in pain, bruised and hurting. I felt angry, and a thought popped into my mind, ‘was I really healed?’ My friend appeared the following day even though I had said I was not going with her. She refused to accept this and in the end I capitulated, joining her in the car.

The journey was made unpleasant by my attitude of petulance and anger at the bruising,  pain, crutches and splint. I feel quite ashamed of myself as I remember this part of my testimony. We arrived at the Salvation Army Hostel with only a half an hour turn around before leaving our room to catch a tube to the Emmanuel Centre in Westminster. I complained and moaned throughout the lengthy journey, and could not enter properly into worship because I was so full of discord.

Bishop Samuel spoke about healing and how we need to use Gods Word to maintain our health and well being, how the enemy seeks to make us believe we are not healed. I felt his words touching me deeply, as if he was speaking just to me.

I declined the call for prayer and sitting grumpily beside my friend on the tube back across London I said I would be going home as soon as Dennis could fetch me. 

Another arduous journey found me back at the Centre. I saw my friend speaking to the Bishop. He told her that someone invited him to stay in his penthouse, and the Lord told him to give us the key to the guest house across the road from the Emmanuel Centre where he and his companion had rooms. I was amazed.

Samuel preached about the power of Jesus name, and using His Word.

The Lord will use anointed ministers of His Word to be channels. The Holy Spirit is a Gentleman because He never forces Himself on anyone, so if we make a choice to go forward for prayer we invite Him, this is how I first experienced the slaying of my physical flesh and senses.

I stood at the front with many others, I did not expect the power that flowed from the Bishops fingers, like electricity. Suddenly there was a wonderful release of my physical control, I fell into the arms of the Lord and He ministered to me. I received a personal living touch from Jesus that over-rode my physical limitations, and now understand how they get in the way, they want to stay in control. This was being ‘in the Spirit’, my spirit and the Holy Spirit merging, so I could be taught, blessed, renewed, perhaps given some incredible revelation, and a wonderful infilling of total peace and joy like nothing I had ever experienced before.

Because of my fall, I was covered with bruises all down one side of my body and my hand was in a splint, but after this time with the Lord all my pain was gone. Bishop Samuel prayed the Lord’s blessing over me and then he moved to the next person. All I have written happened between me and the Lord. I remained on the floor for almost twenty minutes. No other human being was involved. Bishop Samuel, and indeed the other ministers, both men and women, that the Lord has used to bless me in this way, never ever claim to be the power. They know they are being used as privileged channels by the Holy Spirit. It is indeed a privilege when the Lord uses one of His servants to be a channel. 

We went back to the Hostel praising the Lord that the pain was gone.

After loading the car, we journeyed back, and drove around for an hour realising how difficult and expensive it would be to park in Westminster. Spotting a lay - by we decided to park and pray. Minutes later a traffic warden knocked on the window telling us to move on. She noticed the splint and crutch. Nodding to them she said because I was disabled we could park there for nothing and she would make sure the car was safe. What a miracle.

The rooms were lovely and the house was across the road from the Centre. I closed my bedroom door and praised God for His goodness. This was lifted into ecstatic worship when I discovered that every bruise was gone from my side and leg. Eventually my head nestled into a soft pillow and I prepared to sleep.

In that place between waking and slumber a heavy weight came down on top of the length of my body. Gasping I could feel pain in my hip and the old arthritic aches seeping into my bones. The Bishops words resounded in my mind, and I spoke out loud with authority, “In the name of Jesus get out!”   Repeating the words I felt the heaviness lift. It was sucked out of the room.

A month after this, at home, the enemy tried again to steal my healing. The Lord woke me up and simply told me to learn Psalm 91. I did not accept this easily because Psalm 91 has many verses. The thought would not go away so eventually I got into the car with my Bible and drove to a quiet spot on the moor and began to commit the words to memory. When Dennis got home from work and asked me what I had been doing I told him I had learned Psalm 91 and recited it for him. I went to bed that night still feeling puzzled but pleased I knew the Psalm.

A cold shiver ran up my arm and I found myself aware that something was next to the bed, but I could not move. Dennis was asleep and as the cold ran over my body familiar aches and pains erupted in my joints. I heard my voice, the words were shaky, “In the name of Jesus get out.” Nothing happened but I could feel sharp stabbing knives prodding my hips and knees. Again the command, but still the presence was beside me. Psalm 91 rose up into my mind and I began to repeat line after line from memory. A rush of cold air evaporated whatever had been in the room, and as the precious words continued all pain and discomfort lifted.

After my initial experience of love, and intimate time with the Lord, at certain anointed meetings I would get prompting to go forward for prayer, and each time, as my physical senses were over-ridden, the Holy Spirit did wonderful spiritual surgery and repair, whilst also pouring into me such amazing and awesome love. During this time, unknown to them, the Lord used these anointed ministers to reveal aspects of the flesh problem including pride and scepticism, but my Jesus loves me so much He gently revealed, through scriptures, Paul and John, rendered unable to move, or prone on the ground. I began to understand for the first time the application of crucifying flesh daily. I am still on this steep learning curve, I still have so much to learn.

Sadly there are brothers and sisters who have problems accepting the Holy Spirit may not work in ways we expect. If they would open up to Him, the reassurance, love and peace would leave them in no doubt whatsoever that Holy Spirit is awesome. He wants to touch us, not just in the small way our minds allow, but by powering through our ‘binding’ flesh, until He indeed touches us Spirit to spirit.

There was one occasion when the Lord wanted to impart an anointing through a minister who had already received this particular anointing himself. It was for Dennis and me as a couple. Several months earlier a friend was over for Sunday lunch and she spoke about a church in Bridport who had advertised a speaker she had never heard of, but she had been told it would be good to go. I made a note on our calendar, then forgot all about it until I read it the day before. I felt such an urgent prompting from the Holy Spirit to go, so we placed ourselves in His hands and drove to Bridport not even knowing the denomination, street or name of the church. We asked Holy Spirit to guide us, and as we drove into Bridport, a place neither of us had ever been before, we began to understand how humanly impossible our task was.

Suddenly Holy Spirit prompted, we stopped the car and I got out. Nothing.

Then a man in jeans and t-shirt carrying a board walked out from between some buildings, I was urged to go and ask him. “We are here for a meeting at a church, we don’t know which one but they have a guest speaker…” the man laughed and interrupted me, waving his board. On it was a notice about the meeting and an arrow, the church was tucked away, out of sight, behind the shops. He was the Pastor of the church.

The meeting was good and when the speaker completed his message he said he was there just to pray for the sick. I WAS SHOCKED. Why then were we here? I was healed, we were both fit and healthy.

We didn’t leave, waiting until he had prayed for everyone and then went and told him our story. He was very reluctant to pray for us but eventually agreed. Dennis and I held hands. He began to pray a blessing then suddenly Holy Spirit power came and as our physical control departed we both fell to the ground. Our spirits soared, God was using the speaker to prophesy over us. It was awesome, and the most amazing anointing was passed into us. It was an incredible experience. Holy Spirit filled, flowed and worked through our prone bodies ministering to our spirits and imparting the force of resurrection power that had been given to the speaker. There are no words adequate enough to describe what we experienced.

The Biblical revelations the Lord gave to me confirming this wonderful time of “touching” and intimate communion with Holy Spirit…….. The Lord caused Peter to fall into a trance on Simon’s roof Acts 10:10 and Paul to fall into a trance while praying in the temple Acts 22:17 John fell like a dead man at the feet of the Lord Jesus in Revelation 1:17 In Acts 2:13-15 many thought the 120 were drunk…. When people are actually drunk they can be observed to lose the ability to control their physical bodies. Joel 2:28 Malachi 3:10 Acts 2:17 "`In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

We are so eager to share this wonderful news about Jesus. We know He can heal, we know He can change lives, we know how much He loves us all.

“Praise the Lord, my soul! All my being, praise His holy name! He forgives all my sins & heals all my diseases. He keeps me from the grave & blesses me with love & mercy. He fills my life with good things, So that I stay young & strong like an eagle.” Psalm 103:1-5

In 1997 Dennis & I went to Israel twice. The first time was before my healing. The trip was difficult & restricting because of steps, hills, & the need to walk. Dennis became my eyes, describing what I couldn’t see. Three months after my healing we arrived in Israel again. This time with Bible Land Mission, & I praised the Lord as I climbed Masada & went to see for myself the many places I had been unable to get to because I couldn’t walk. Every step of that journey in the Bible Lands was a step for Jesus.

A video of our miracle was made during this trip, & it was released in Hong Kong, Singapore & China. We have travelled extensively since then sharing our testimony, & I have the pleasure of being able to go on long walks, not having to worry about pain, swelling, or the risk of falling. I can run up & down stairs easily, & the Lord has provided me with an abundance of energy to use for His glory. Pleasures many people take for granted, have now been regained, but we don’t get complacent, we praise God and thank Him for all He has done & is continuing to do in our lives. People who meet me now have great difficulty in imagining the feeble old lady I had become. Dennis & I don’t forget, each time we see someone suffering it’s a reminder.

After my miraculous healing in 1997 the Lord told me He would restore my eyesight. I was unable to even read the largest letter on the eye test chart, with either eye. I had worn glasses since the age of eight. As time progressed I waited, my Jesus is a God of miracles so I had no doubts, but nothing seemed to be happening. Eventually I asked the Lord, “Why are my eyes still not healed?” He told me that I needed to learn to use my spiritual eyes, and then my physical eyes would fall into line and be healed. I prayed a simple prayer asking Holy Spirit to help me use my spirit eyes.

The teaching had to come from God, I couldn’t learn it from a text book! The first time I realized that something unusual was happening was at three o’clock in the morning when I woke up, instantly wide awake knowing that I must get up. I walked from the bedroom to the lounge and sat down, feeling the familiar heat of Holy Spirit, and I saw clearly a picture forming in my mind, and then once I found paper and pen I began to write.

These experiences which still continue today, allow me to see pictures and receive interpretations for our ministry, Churches, Nations, areas, people, and our own lives. Receiving Spirit Eye pictures is not an experience that is easily described, they are very distinct, very different from anything I have ever experienced before, and when I look back and read what I have written I know the words can only be from God.  I would never be able to write such truths, or with simple pictorial illustration give such profound revelations.  

Because Holy Spirit, who lives in me, also lives in every other Spirit filled, born again believer, I get to have these “spirit eye” revelations confirmed by others. I will give one of many examples I could give, but this one was publicly proved beyond any doubt, as the amazing Word of God. The Lord gave me a picture of a map and then a ‘Word’ about setting up 24 hour prayer, linking with other churches and having prayer walls. I went to a local united church meeting and brought this word, giving copies to all the local churches. Dennis and I then left to go on holiday to Spain.

In Spain we attend a local church, and at the first Sunday meeting of our holiday a gentleman from Leicester, in England, was telling the church about a ‘Word’ he had been given by the Lord. I got very excited because it was about the 24 hour prayer, the wall, and the uniting of churches. I had a dated copy of all the Holy Spirit had shown me, and after the service we compared our papers. Different people, in different parts of the country, same ‘Word’. It was incredible! What a powerful confirmation and faith builder that was, for both of us.

My spirit eyes were open. In 2000, my physical eyes began to improve. They became a testimony to my Optician, each visit they would improve two or three prescriptions. In 2002 I exchanged my glasses for ‘off the shelf’ mild prescription daily contact lenses, and even without the lenses I could read the third line from the bottom on the eye test chart. Unfortunately some spray from a tractor went into my face and my left eye was losing vision, until, in March 2003 I was sent to see an eye specialist. It was fast, and I began to wonder what was happening to me, BUT, I knew Jesus was in control. The specialist examined my eyes and indicated that he could do nothing. I needed my lens replacing and this would give me perfect sight in my left eye. The specialist said only my left eye required this drastic treatment, my right eye was in excellent condition and because it was only very slightlyshort sighted, I would have vision that would no longer need correction with lenses or glasses. To God be the glory. In May 2003 I had the operation, and by June 2003 I could see with perfect physical vision. The Lord promised He would heal my eyes and He did, my right eye miraculously healed with no medical intervention, and my left eye with medical intervention using the specialist’s skills.

The ways of the Lord are a mystery to us. This testimony He has so awesomely given to us is a testimony of healing through the miraculous, and, also the Lord using medical treatment.                                                                                                                          Eventually an area of white appeared in my right eye In March 2005 giving me difficulty whilst driving at night, in April 2005 I had a lens implant in my right eye and my vision became perfect once again. This should encourage anyone who reads or hears my testimony, the Lord can and does heal in many different ways.

God’s hand is firmly on our son Adrian as well. Just after my healing in 1997, a friend, a dear sister in Christ said that God had given her a clear message for Dennis and me regarding Adrian. We were instructed by God to keep firmly on the path following Jesus, not to move to the right or the left no matter what happened to Adrian. Adrian is safely in the Lord’s hands and we should not be concerned. The Lord knew we would need this ‘Word’ from Him to help us.

A few weeks later we praised and thanked God for giving us this assurance because Adrian wrote off the first of three cars.

1. The Fiat he was driving hit another car, both were beyond repair. Adrian did not have a scratch on him.

2. A hire car ended up on its side at the edge of a steep drop when a badger ran out in front of him. Not a mark on Adrian but the car was a mess.

3. Adrian was my named driver for two years before my healing. I had a specially adapted car with hand controls, but couldn’t drive anymore, it was too painful and the drugs made me sleepy. After my healing I wanted to return the car, I was no longer disabled, however this was not easy, I was registered disabled for life. In the final stages of a long battle to send back the car, Adrian was driving to meet us when he turned it over onto its roof into a 15ft. ditch. The first miracle was that the ditch had no water in it, I say this because on the moor where we live the ditches are always full of water and people have been drowned in them, trapped in their cars. It was even more miraculous because there had been so much rain. The car was wedged in the bottom, yet once again the Lord delivered him from injury.

This accident had obvious implications for returning the car,andis a story that has quite a wonderful signature from the Lord. I was due to telephone the Mobility officer to conclude the return of the car on the Monday after Adrian wrote it off. You can imagine my concern at having to inform him that the car was a wreck. I dialled the number and once the chap realized it was me, he quickly said, “I hope you’ve not signed the car over yet because you are liable to pay the rest of the lease which is around £3,500.”   Even more worried I gingerly told him that the car was now “no more”.  His reaction was completely unexpected because he burst out laughing and informed me that the only way I could give the car back without having to pay anything was if it was written off in an accident.

The Lord turned the whole situation around so that I could honour Him for my healing. There was also a life lesson for Adrian too. 

When Adrian began his course at University the Lord used this as an opportunity to lead us to a wonderful church, where we went to worship as often as we could, to be fed spiritually, and experience love, fellowship, and covering. Once again this was quite miraculous, because of all the churches available, the Lord led us to a ‘Spiritual Home’. I looked at a list of churches in the area and New Zion seemed to leap from the page. We drove around and could not find it at first, eventually we asked the Lord to guide us. We came to an estate and found ourselves passing the church. New Zion still bless us in our walk with the Lord, and in our ministry.   “My gracious favour is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.” 2Corinthians12:9.

We are strengthened in our weakness, as helplessly we move through situations concerning Adrian. Our only child, away from faith, suffering physically, yet, God fills us with reassurance, we know Jesus is holding Adrian close. One day Adrian will be at our side,   giving testimony.

The next part of our life began with a powerful time of prayer. July 31st 2004...We prayed for Glastonbury, and felt the light of the Lord punching through the darkness of New Age, Witchcraft and satanic teachings. (Dennis left for work). Without warning the hot water tank in the loft burst, very hot water brought the kitchen ceiling down, it poured into the wall cavity,   causing the electric sockets, light switches, and ceiling light to smoke and spark. The room flooded, our pine dresser was damaged beyond repair. Thankfully my initial response was to pray. God provided the calm I needed to think quickly and cut the water & electricity. He protected me because I turned both off safely, although it meant wading through very hot water lapping around the sparking wall socket above the skirting board. He also provided strength to clear up the mess.

Insurance for the damage wasn’t forthcoming (it took almost a year), so the Lord answered prayer, and New Zion were prompted by the Lord, and they gave us a gift which covered the cost of the repairs. We prayed the Lord would bless them richly, and thank them for their faithfulness. (As you will read later this was critical, we had to get the house safe and quiet for Adrian when he came out of hospital in October.)                                                                                              

 One month later, it was the August Bank Holiday weekend at the evening meeting of Grapevine, a Christian 5 day event held each year at Lincoln Showground. We were on a high seating stand with two thousand people when it collapsed. I remember very little of the initial fall, but I know my head was miraculously lifted as chairs crashed through where my head had been. I sustained injury to my hip & several broken ribs. Seven years previously, to the exact date, I was in hospital, there was a Christian nurse with me, I was spiritually healed, then physically healed. Seven years later another Christian nurse was praying for my injuries. Once more I use the word, miraculous, because only 4 people were hospitalized. When the structure collapsed all the people in front of the stands turned to face us and they prayed, God kept everyone calm on the stand, there was no panic or rushing to get off, everyone still, praying and waiting. Emergency teams said they had never seen anything so amazing.  


On the 13th Sept. I received a call from Adrian our son. He was due to begin his final year at University the following week, after completing his time with Pfiser, a pharmaceutical company, where he had worked through the summer. This particular morning, (after driving through the London rush hour), he was briefing some actors ready for mock interviews, and in one moment his life was drastically changed forever. When I spoke to him he was very frightened and could not see clearly, he had no balance or orientation and he had a severe pain in his head. As a trained nurse I was aware that these symptoms were worrying and although so far away I was relieved that his colleagues were getting him to hospital. 

Adrian had a brain haemorrhage, caused by a vascular malformation with aneurism. This had caused loss of sight in his left eye, in the lower left quartile. I alerted all our Christian friends and family to pray, and prayer chains were praying for Adrian from that moment, all over the world.

The journey to London was filled with prayer, and we maintained our trust in the Lord, essential because half way through the journey we received a call from the Hospital at Hemel Hempstead to confirm we were definitely on the way, because he was so ill.

It is always a shock for parents to see their children suffering and be unable to do anything to help them, so this was certainly a time when we had to put all our faith in God, and He helped all three of us through those very difficult weeks. For Adrian the pain was unbearable, even with the limited medication, but each time we prayed for him the pain was replaced by blessed sleep. He was asking us to pray for him. With daily evidence of the working of God our faith increased to almost bursting!

We needed a place to stay in London while Adrian was in hospital, so we prayed. God provided a flat for us, not any old flat, the person who lived there actually gave up his own bedroom, with private bathroom/shower. We bless him and thank him.

Adrian was transferred from Hemel to The Royal Free Hospital at Hampstead Heath and surgery was imminent. The Consultant met with the three of us and described in detail the operation, and was very clear about the likely consequences of any brain surgery. I remember thinking that being told all of these terrible possibilities would make most people devastated wrecks, but Adrian was calm, totally confident in the surgeon, and after a short pause said, “Well I guess you had better have a stiff drink before you start.”

Following this “chat”, a patient who had been admitted from another hospital, was found to have the dreaded MRSA. Because Adrian was scheduled for surgery, and this guy had been to theatre before they found he had MRSA, everything was put on ‘hold’. Adrian had to be tested.

We contacted everyone to pray that Adrian would be clear. Adrian was clear, and we knew with certainty that the theatres would be totally safe too, as everywhere was purged. God doesn’t leave anything to chance.

Adrian had his operation, to remove the mal formed vessels from his brain, on the 18th October, (two days before his 25th birthday). He went down to the operating theatre at 8.30am and didn’t get back to the High Dependency Unit until 10.15pm that night. Dennis and I spent the day wandering on Hampstead Heath, praying when prompted, and thinking about Adrian. The Lord gave us incredible peace, knowing that God was in control of every move the surgical team made, we had assurance beyond our understanding.

We sat on the Unit from around 7.30pm waiting for news. It became obvious the staff were getting concerned.

Adrian was taken back to theatre again from the recovery ward at 8.30pm. Their worry turned to visible shock, when at 9.30 there was a call to the Unit asking for Adrian’s parents to be accompanied to the operating theatre. We all thought we had lost him.

Dennis and I were both silently praying as we made that long journey with the nurse, on the lift and down endless corridors, in total silence. We were shown into a room and asked to sit down. That has to be the worst moment I have ever experienced, and I remember for the millionth time asking Holy Spirit to comfort me. His answer was swift, as always, with a wave of peace flowing through me.


The Consultant was smiling, saying he wanted us to see Adrian with our own eyes. He led us into an area full of equipment. We could hear Adrian before we saw him, he was all bandages, pipes, bottles, and a billowing foil blanket, but he was laughing, still positive, bemoaning the fact they hadn’t taken a picture of his brain.

SO MIRACULOUS WAS THE WAY HE RECOVERED, Adrian was allowed to make the journey to the flat at Wellwyn, just two days later, on his 25th birthday! The Unit had organized a party for him, and it was a great day. On his round the Consultant asked Adrian what he wanted for his birthday, Adrian replied, “To go home”. Mr. Morris Williams looked at me and asked if I thought I could cope. It was a terrifying prospect, but I nodded. Adrian couldn’t travel back to Somerset, and had to have someone with him all the time, and we did have to ring the unit for advice, but his belief that he would be okay, and refusing to be negative, meant that after over 6 weeks in hospital, major brain surgery, involving 44 staples in his scalp, numerous scans and angiograms, Adrian had his birthday evening at the flat. We were all amazed, and know that it was the hand of God on Adrian’s life yet again.

We had to take him back to the Unit for regular checks, and to have the staples out, but he was eventually declared fit to make the journey home to Somerset. (Our kitchen was now safe for his return).

There was no further damage from brain surgery, no fits, although there was still a small area of blindness in his left eye, with some pin points of light appearing occasionally. After six months he had a three hour session of neurological tests which indicated no evidence of any brain damage at all. This was miraculous, there was no evidence of any injury left from the initial bleed.

The Lord knows our every need and throughout this time He brought many Christians to surround us, not only through family, friends, and church links, but also patients, visitors and staff on the High Dependency Unit. We were encouraged, prayed for, and loved by these wonderful people and we thank them wholeheartedly.

More than anything we felt the presence of God, Jesus there with us the whole time. We saw and experienced the working of God, through the skills of the medical team, but also many prayers answered in so many miraculous ways. The Lord certainly used every part of this time to witness to Adrian.

A colleague, who Adrian admired, visited him in hospital. Adrian said how impressed he was at the way his team excelled within the company, and to our delight the reply came, “ It’s nothing to do with me or the team, we pray about all our business & the Lord does the rest. ” He then testified about his life of drink and drugs, and how the Lord turned him around.  

When Adrian came back to Somerset he had to go to the surgery for regular checks on his wound and blood pressure. His first visit amazed him. When he walked into the consulting room he was immediately welcomed by a doctor who knew everything that had happened to him in precise detail. Adrian asked how he knew so much, the doctor said, “ I lead a house group, we have been praying for you all the time you have been ill. ”

A year after Adrian’s brain haemorrhage he suffered a seizure. This meant he could not have his driving licence back, and was the beginning of years of suffering. There have been many seizures, most needing hospitalization, sometimes every few weeks. Sometimes there have been injuries, biting through his tongue, and when one happened in the shower he had to have skin grafts on his feet because of burns from the hot water.

Adrian went back to university barely three months after his surgery and threw himself into Student Union Elections. He had an amazing time on the Executive and was even re elected although eventually he was struggling with seizures. Working with seizures and medication finally meant he could not continue. He made the decision to return home. He was registered disabled. As Consultant Neurologists come and go his medication changed. Every time was debilitating and distressing for Adrian.

Adrian was waiting to hear from Frenchay Hospital in Bristol because the Consultant had left yet again. He was on the surgery programme, and we prayed that the Lord will be in whatever happens, because another operation will be almost unbearable for him, he knows what to expect. The scarring of brain tissue is severe and they say this is what is causing the additional problems.

As the days, weeks, months and years were going by, Adrian decided during periods of hospital inactivity to travel, to get the most experience out of life possible. With the all clear from the GP, he went to America, South America, Thailand, Germany, and Australia. These trips would have been a nightmare for us to endure without the Holy Spirit comforting us and the Lord giving us peace. Adrian will one day testify about these trips so I will merely outline some of the distress and problems he encountered. In Germany he had a seizure and was taken into hospital, he also twisted his ankle badly. In America his cards were lost in the sea, in South America he had wallet and cards stolen, he was taken to a police station and then was put under house arrest at his hostel because he was conned by a Mexican, and left with a massive bill. We contacted the nearest Embassy who sent a representative who got him out of jail and then helped to get him out of the country.

The Lord made provision. His time away was divided between resting in bed for one or two days, so he could have just one day of activity. He always stayed where there were loads of people, and he has made some really good friends who are still in touch, and send him parcels.

Adrian has struggled with more drug changes, and the dreadful side effects. With these changes there have been so many mistakes made with dosage, not by Adrian but with inadequate pharmaceutical care. Our prayer was that the Lord would intervene with His healing and give Adrian his life back just as the Lord did for me. He got his miracle when he was taken off a tablet he had been put on before the seizures began, and the seizures stopped. After being seizure free for three years he got his driving licence back and was able to go back to work. 


In 1998 my sister and brother in law were baptised. Dennis and I were thrilled, and we are so blessed because now we can at last pray together as a family. There have already been many answers to our prayers.

Our niece was expecting a baby, the scan revealed two growths close to the brain and it was likely the doctors would recommend a termination. Prayers were lifted to Jesus and the doctors were amazed when they did another scan, to find that the growths were cysts, which dissolved and disappeared, and were not a threat to the baby at all. My sister actually saw Jesus touch the baby’s head. She was born in October 1998 and is a perfect healthy child. Such blessings. What a merciful and gracious God we serve.

My sister was experiencing pain and a lady from her church told her that the Lord had said that she must go to the doctors. She put it off for two weeks and then decided to listen as the woman persisted in prompting that the Lord had said to go to the doctors. Eventually my sister went for a scan regarding her Gall Bladder, however, showing up on the scan was a tumour in her kidney. The first amazing fact is the Lord’s intervention so that the scan gave early detection, and the second is that she fully recovered from the removal of her kidney, and the tumour, plus there is no evidence of the cancer having spread. Praise the Lord.                                                          

She then had to undergo an operation to remove her gall bladder because of the stones in there. The operation went well until she was in the recovery room, where she began experiencing difficulty breathing. She was having an allergic reaction to one of the anaesthetic drugs she had been given. My sister said she felt very calm, and felt that if she was to be taken ‘home’ to be with the Lord then so be it. Suddenly she noticed a picture of many hands on the ceiling, appearing like a jig-saw, and she felt the Lord say these were the hands of the people praying for her. To God be the Glory.

Her testimony is amazing, indeed the whole family have had so many trials.  Their oldest daughter and my brother in law were both directors of a company called into receivership. My brother in law retired but my niece had the problems of being unable to get a job, despite a Masters Degree in Engineering.

For my sister those years after her kidney was removed became an almost unbelievable sequence of broken bones from Osteoporosis, worsening Diabetes, Pernicious Anaemia, and the failing of her one remaining kidney. Because we live so far apart it is difficult for both of us. As her kidney got steadily worse she eventually had to begin dialysis, and was put on the   kidney transplant register. I spent a week at the Sheffield  donor unit and had tests, all was brilliant and I was a match for her, but then after one of the final tests, they discovered I had a stone in one kidney and cysts in the other, so they would not consider me.                          

Phone calls are good, but I couldn’t get to see my sister very often because I was unable to leave Adrian and he was often too unwell to travel the four hour journey. Whilst he was away on his adventures I took the opportunity to go with Dennis if he had meetings in Nottinghamshire, and when June has been fit enough they have holidayed in the South and we have been able to meet up. One occasion, they stayed overnight in their camper van. June had her dialysing equipment, and we had a wonderful evening and intended to spend the day together. At 3am in the morning my brother in law knocked us up, a call had come from the transplant unit, a donor kidney was available. They left immediately and made the long journey. The kidney was transplanted and once again the Lord brought her through. The donor kidney was a perfect match, but there were concerns because it was not functioning   properly, and for my sister it was a very very slow, painful, and long road to recovery. It was almost a year before things evened out for her.        

The Osteo porosis was causing problems during this ordeal, and fractures were found in her spine and also some compression. There were many suggestions, including cement, to strengthen the damaged vertebrae. She also had a curvature in her spine. After many x rays she was sent for a special bone density scan and here the Lord showed again His miraculous healing hand. After the scan the Radiologist asked my sister why she had been sent for a scan. June explained, and the woman said she had the information but just wanted to check she had the right patient, she couldn’t find the damage or curvature. Praise the Lord. I am always thrilled when He provides medical evidence.


Whenever I feel devastated by events and situations, feeling overwhelmed, the following memory spills into my consciousness, I fall back into strong loving hands and I let go. I am being held on the threshold of my home by hands that are love. Everything that is me feels contented, cherished and safe. The hands are   gentle, the hands are familiar, bathed with a light that is alive and tangible, radiating it’s purity from deep within. As I am turned around I see a mist forming before me, penetrating and contaminating the glorious aura of my home. There is a room taking shape, a room with a bed. On the bed lies a woman, she is completely still, a man is leaning over her. At the bottom of the bed there is a bundle of white linen moulded around something quite small. I feel a surge of desperation, “Please let me stay here with you.” Waves of love flow over and through me. “In the twinkling of an eye you will return. I am with you always. Do not be afraid.” I hear myself pleading not to leave. Warm breath breathes into me.

Many years later this came into my remembrance, and when I shared it with my sister she told me about the day I was born.

It was the 19th July 1951 and my Mum had suddenly become paralysed. The family doctor was very concerned as she was due to deliver me, and all her symptoms indicated polio. Her labour was long and I was declared dead on arrival. I was wrapped in a linen sheet and placed at the foot of the bed. For twenty minutes or so, the doctor worked on my Mum. Suddenly from within the cloth I let out a scream and began to cry.

Dr. Herbert called me his miracle, and as I began to walk and talk he would take me with him on his rounds.

The hands, and my place in them is a comfort, a blessing and an assurance of ‘home’.

Dennis and I are so blessed by the Lord, our life together was returned to us by God. Our testimony has sent us to many places, London, Ireland, Israel, Belgium and many parts of the British Isles. Our testimony has been taken by people we have witnessed to, to America, Australia, Holland, and via the “EVANGELIST” Bible Land Mission magazine it has now been read all over the world. The Assemblies of God magazine “JOY” and “New Life” publication have also featured our miracles.  Whilst in Israel some business people from Singapore made a video of our testimony aiming to release it in Singapore, China and Hong Kong. Our testimony is all for the Glory of God and the wonderful touch He has had on our lives. I was healed spiritually on August 29th 1997 and physically on August 31st 1997. Since then I have climbed a mountain in Israel.

On my own and also with Dennis we go and speak to organisations, churches and groups about Jesus and what amazing things He has done in our lives.

There are so many incidents I could recall for you dear reader, I will write as the Lord directs. We were invited to go to the Isle of Wight to speak at a Full Gospel Businessman meeting and speak at the Sunday service. The husband and wife where we stayed were a lovely couple but he had explained that his wife was sceptical about my testimony. She came to the meeting and it went well. An interview was recorded afterwards.

On the way to their car I fell down in the car park. The puddle was muddy and the edges of the hole cut into my leg. When we got back to the house I went upstairs to look at the damage. To my amazement my leg was perfectly clean, unhurt and my   trousers were not damaged or wet. When I went back downstairs and showed them they were amazed.

In the morning we were having breakfast in the kitchen when the door burst open and all we could make out were the words shouting that the ring was stuck. She declared we couldn’t go to church because she needed to go to the hospital to have her ring cut off. We had no way of getting to the church ourselves so we began to pray.

The Lord told me to get oil and hold her hand. I poured the oil into my palm and wrapped my fingers over her hand. Instantly the ring fell into the oil. It was incredible. We went to church, we spoke and then this dear lady who had been so sceptical gave testimony about the weekend. On the way to the ferry her husband said it was fantastic because she would never normally speak out.                                                

I was taking the gospel message into schools with assembly presentations. God revealed to me how to make an amazing doll for my work in school assemblies. I made her and she is called Lizzie Drippin. She’s Public Agent No.1 for Jesus. In one Autumn term I took the full gospel message to almost 1,000 children in Bridgwater Somerset.   I continued to work in the schools, having been invited to take several sessions on light/dark...good/evil, looking with the children at what they put into their minds. The Lord also ‘birthed’ the Y.O.Y.O. (Youngsters Onto Youth Outreach) vision. Our God is wonderful.


Dennis and I keep Divine Appointments daily, with eagerness greater than any anticipation we have ever known. We keep these appointments together as we begin and close our day, and also individually throughout the day. These times of listening to, sharing with and speaking to the wonderful friend we have in Jesus are more natural than any time spent with friends or relatives. These times enable us to understand the direction, leading and vision our wonderful Abba Father has for us, and so we can do our part in developing His plan and purpose for our lives.              

It is impossible to relate our testimony of healing without the inclusion of all these other amazing aspects of our lives, they are all intertwined and so woven into each other they cannot be separated. Our Christian walk has emerged from a secure life in Jesus with no more expectation other than for me - days with minimal pain, and for Dennis time to maintain a full time job for wages and a full time job keeping house and nursing me, into a future having a deep personal relationship with our God who is in full control of all we do, He fills us with excitement, vision, health, and the ability to pack more into one week than we ever could do in even a month before. He provides us with energy, and also the wisdom to know when to stop and have a break and be refreshed and refilled. We have found a deep joy and peace far greater than anything we experienced before, yet we also feel a burning desire to let people know our testimony.

I was asked to go into a Comprehensive school to speak to Year 7 about my job and my life in general. The youngsters asked me loads of questions and some of my answers amazed them. I could not think of a single thing in my work for the Lord that I did not enjoy, (I have had to pray about my maths when I’m doing the accounts), or of any other work I would prefer to do, or anything else I would like, or have liked, to do with my life. I think that is an awesome testimony for being in the will of God. I thank Father God daily that I am His child and that He loves me so much He sent His one and only Son my Saviour Jesus Christ to die in my place, and take the punishment for all my sins, and bear all my sickness in His body, so that I can be washed white as snow and be able to enter into the presence of my Father in Heaven. Jesus died on the cross but three days later He came back to life, having defeated sin and death forever. I am   eternally grateful, and I willingly give Him my life to work, define, and use forever.


This is about the birthing of God’s vision, embracing youngsters of five, to youth of seventeen. The Lord gave us the name, Youngsters Onto Youth Outreach. Y.O.Y.O. aims to provide healthy and proper alternatives for the children in our society, showing them love, kindness and proper values. The Lord has shown us that our role is to present this vision not only to churches of every denomination but to every area of the community, where it is appropriate.

Mission Statement..... to provide a service, with a safe environment for children and youth to enjoy. A service where they will develop self worth, caring skills and involvement in the community. A service where, under professional guidance, youngsters and youth can develop positive attitudes, respect and leadership skills, including participation in the managing of Y.O.Y.O. A place where moral values and behaviour are upheld by example, and taught in a fun way with videos, games etc. A service for youngsters and youth who need to be heard, and provided with a place of value in the community. To introduce, train, and develop this outreach, for youngsters and youth, in the community. There is a need for youngsters and youth to have somewhere to focus, to meet, a place where they will be drawn to. Somewhere other than school, or the street corners. Somewhere parents will know their children are in a safe and healthy environment, yet a place where the kids want to be.

Y.O.Y.O. (Youngsters Onto Youth Outreach) vision. Dennis and I have in the past lead the ministry team at a Children’s Church, but with Y.O.Y.O. a registered charity I worked full time with it, Dennis at weekends, and for assemblies in the week when he can.

We organised and ran a weekly Saturday Y.O.Y.O. and Friday GOD SQUAD Bible Clubs, Assemblies, weekly Christian Union, specific courses in schools, leadership training for youth, we have sat on the local council forum for youth and a steering group committee for the area. We have also lead Home-groups and Bible Studies for adults. All of this would have been impossible for me before 31.08.97. How the Y.O.Y.O. vision was ‘birthed’.

The Lord opened the vision in three stages.

The first stage came only months after my healing, and it was a revelation about the role of children and youth in our churches.   The devil has for many years, abused our children, and hindered the direction of children’s ministry. God revealed to us His plan for the outpouring of new wine into new wineskins. Churches are in the business of “repair mode”, helping people, who have been damaged by the world, to “sort out” and be healed from that damage.  When Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me” He was speaking to us. So often we look at children in the way the disciples did, we have moved them out of the congregation, sat them down and ‘entertained’ them in our churches. First aid is kept going in the main body of the church, so repair and deep healing from the scars of the world can be undertaken by the Holy Spirit on the teenagers and adults brought into the churches by God. Of course this ‘repair’ work is essential, but we need to look at the situation with new eyes, eyes with scales removed. If we reach the children before they are contaminated by the world, and they receive Jesus as Lord and   Saviour at an early age they will walk with the Lord and not need repairing. They will take their places as small temples of Holy Spirit, (Holy Spirit is the same powerful Holy Spirit in children). Jesus told us we must become like little children, they have a head start on us, we have much to learn FROM THEM! These small temples of the Holy Spirit will take their place ministering  beside the teens and adults, HELPINGWITH THE FIRST AID. We have allowed the devil to contaminate and ruin our children. We must fight for our children BEFORE they need to be repaired. By the time a child has reached the age of seven we are told by the experts that they have received all RELEVANT input to shape their lives. There are millions of children out there who are being sent into a spiritual minefield because the world reaches them before we reach them for Jesus, and when we finally do have them brought across our outreach as teenagers or adults, they are so damaged by the world they have to undergo painful repair and mending.             

Television, videos, films, computers, toys, music, magazines, books, and the attitude of society that ‘anything goes’ with violence, sex, perversion, demonic sci. fi. saying to kids, it’s all okay. As Christians our efforts have been focused on evangelism towards the  community which is quite right and proper but we need to declare war on the devil and society as far as our children are concerned. Jesus showed us children. Just imagine a church where children at a young age were being led and trained by Jesus!  Their walk in the world would be protected, they would witness and get alongside other young children and bring them to the Lord, they would fulfil a role within the Body of Christ from an early age as they operate in the Gifts and with the Fruits of the Holy Spirit. Our children are NOT the CHURCH OF TOMORROW THEY ARE THE CHURCH OF TODAY. If we reached them at an early age there would be no problem with teenagers leaving the churches as they are now doing, because as young children their part in the BODY OF CHRIST IS ESTABLISHED AND BEING FULFILLED.

As a church we MUST recognise that when a child invites the Lord Jesus into their hearts the Holy Spirit who takes up residence with them is not miniature or childlike, He is the same Holy Spirit who lives in every believer, with that same awesome power. Isaiah 11:6….a little child will lead them….Psalm 8:2...From the lips of children and infants you have  ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.

The Lord is calling us into these prophetic words, He is going to pour the New Wine into New Wineskins. Praise the Lord. To God be the glory.

The second stage of the YOYO Vision from the Lord came in the form of a training package. This began with the youngsters seeking Jesus, and then a further programme for them as they mature, and for other youth to follow, enabling growth and development within the church body, establishing a role, and a place for them within the church organisation. The third stage of the YOYO vision was to become a Registered Charity, this would allow YOYO freedom within all denominations of the church, and official acceptability in the secular arena.

The Lord led us to sow into another ministry, which in human terms, and with our limited funds needed total trust in the Lord as He led us to sow a very specific and quite large amount of money. This is a testimony about the faithfulness of our precious and wonderful Father God who loves His children so much He sends a harvest when seeds are sown. Our seed produced a 2,000 fold harvest all in the same day, 4o days after the initial seed was sown. On that day, in the morning, a cheque arrived and by evening the rest of the 2,000 fold harvest was in our hands, a seed multiplied enough to allow for the substantial deposit for the Y.O.Y.O. Bus. We had been praying for this so the Lord’s work could expand. The bus seated eight, and in itself was a miracle because once again directed by the Lord we were travelling along a road not often used by us, and we were prompted to stop at a garage we passed. There was the Y.O.Y.O. Bus and we knew this was a gift from God. Although a number of years old it had only 26,000 miles on the clock and because it was an import from Hong Kong it had many wonderful features that the same model sold in this country did not have. The Lord was with us every step of the way as we purchased the vehicle and He provided the money for the Y.O.Y.O Bus.

We give God all the glory for the wonderful faithfulness and provision of His mighty hand.

The Y.O.Y.O. Van In 2008  - we had to buy another vehicle. Y.O.Y.O. had specific needs for the puppet theatre and equipment requiring transport to the outdoor markets. We had been provided with money from Gift Aid. Because all our efforts to find a suitable vehicle were failing, we felt directed to cancel a Saturday engagement and follow up several  possibilities at garages in Bristol. Unfortunately everywhere we went the vehicle had just been sold.

Driving home we felt quite despondent. We spotted two women and a child walking in the middle of no-where getting drenched in pouring rain. We stopped and gave them a lift. They had just got off a bus, having realised it was not going to Street. The older woman and her ten year old daughter, and the younger woman, were returning from a mental hospital after visiting son, brother and Partner. The young man was very poorly. We knew this was a God inspired meeting when the older lady said she had been questioning God, no-one could understand her despair at her son’s illness.

We were able to share with her our family testimony, and Jesus. She said God had sent us to her. We dropped them off at their house. We bought the Y.O.Y.O. Van at the next garage we visited.  

YOYO hired a hall in Langport, and worked in partnership with the local Council on several committees for young people, with all the local churches, not only in Langport but in Street, Somerton, Bridgwater and Taunton, and we had national and international connections.         T

he vision was in place, we were ‘running’ with it locally, we also gave the YOYO package away, (as directed by the Lord), to several Youth groups in Manchester, a French international organisation, and locally in South     Somerset to Children/Youth ministries as they have used our resources.

 A ‘MARKET PLACE’ CHURCH ‘Drop In’ café, youth church, youth Alpha, assemblies, Christian Union in schools, mentoring courses for youth, a Resource Centre to equip leaders. We ran a Puppet outreach, literally, ‘Market Place Church’. The YOYO Singing Puppets were front page news at the annual Summer Fair in Axbridge. Our pitch was near a pub in the town centre market, people stood outside with their drinks singing along. We gave out leaflets with the words, all the songs were about Jesus. YOYO received an invitation from the united churches in Axbridge, inviting the puppets and G Team, (God Squad), to their ‘Alternative Halloween’. Children from six villages attended.   In one year we actually featured for Jesus, in the newspapers, three times. We have been on the sea front at Burnham on Sea, and were regulars at local Christmas Markets. The YOYO Market Place Church could be found in the towns of the South West throughout the year at Markets in Langport, Street, the centre of Taunton, Glastonbury, and also with United Church outreach meetings, and school based activities. All for the glory of God. Every day is filled with excitement and anticipation because we have a life of miracles. We couldn’t live without Jesus and prayer in our lives, and wouldn’t choose to. We worked alongside the Anglican Church for a number of years, with the CLYP Project (Christian Liaison for Young People). I was a Trustee and also Line Manager for Helen the Youth Worker. The Anglican church purchased The Old Custom House in Langport, as a  community facility, with extensive youth provision. The YOYO Youth Management Team expanded to also become The Angel Youth Management Team. They were to be the driving force in developing youth facilities in the Angel Stables. What was on offer for youth ? A dedicated room for after school, holiday use, ‘Drop In’, have a drink and a chat, ‘chill’ with friends, or just ‘hang out’, a large function room to hold Events with live bands, Clubs/Activities, a  Garden, BBQ area. 

In 2016 we joined a team working in a new school on a new estate with a weekly Community Cafe for parents, and also assemblies in the school, workshops, Messy Church,  'Light' venue outside, (on the estate) for Halloween, Christmas and Easter Ourtreach, summer holiday events and the school Summer Fair with the puppets. 


We had to have extensive structural work on the house, and in January 2009 we moved into the west wing, one room, a converted garage. This was an exceptionally cold winter with heavy falls of snow, we were cramped and Adrian wasn’t well, life was not easy with just a kettle and microwave. The work took weeks and I began to feel poorly. A nagging pain in my stomach would not go away, and even with prayer it didn’t ease. Eventually I was rushed into hospital with a perforated appendix, which was removed, and I felt fine for several hours. I was trying to get out of bed when something seemed to happen in my abdomen and I collapsed. The Lord was with me and a quite calm, almost excited feeling, I thought I was going ‘home’ with Jesus. The second operation put me onto an awful hospital ward and the only thing on my mind was to get out as fast as possible. There was confusion and because my notes hadn’t caught up with me I wangled getting discharged because the doctor thought I had just had one operation. I knew I would be fine once I got back to Fyddlers End.                                                                 

We also had running alongside all of this a three year battle with EDF. And when I was poorly with Swine Flu it reached a climax. They came onto our property and put in a key meter. We had to get our MP involved. The stress could be unbearable, but the Lord gives us peace when we ask Him, and from this place we can react and deal with things. 

In January 2010 I fell down on the ice and my left knee was swollen and painful. This was a worsening problem, until finally, in August, I was hospitalized again, having damaged cartilage removed from my knee.

At this point I need to tell you about the amazing place the Lord has given to us to live. The Somerset Levels surround us and every room has an awesome view, God’s creation is everywhere. We have lived here forover thirty years without mains water, but we have a large garden and a river running alongside the property.

It was a gift from God. We really do have a blessed and awesome life because of God, the Lord provided this spectacular place for us to live. It was no chance or accident that we found ourselves praying about, and eventually buying Fyddlers End. The possibility of our being able to afford the property seemed impossible, but once again the Lord softened hearts so our offer would be accepted, and in May 1990 we moved from Wiveliscombe to the Wetlands. Fyddlers End and the two thirds of an acre of surrounding land belong to the Lord, Dennis and I surrendered it all to Him. He has used this wonderful place as a refuge, a retreat and a place of safety and peace, not only for ourselves, but also for the many people He has sent to us.

Fyddlers End is an important part of our ministry, housing our Y.O.Y.O. office/base, Resource Centre and equipment store, but essentially it has always been a place offering prayer, encouragement,  ministry, teaching and help. The Lord has His angels encamped around and on the property, so we have a unique atmosphere of peace and safety. What more could we want, need or desire. When my days are difficult the Lord sends me wonderful gifts.

A Kingfisher found on the floor in the office, just sat there with Huxley our dog, and I got to hold this breathtaking creature and watch him up close, he was calm and seemed unafraid. There have been many Kingfisher blessings, watching them dive, have a bath or sit motionless, the Lord knows how much this means, and I know He loves me. He has blessed us with wild ducks and their babies, a female bustard to be viewed from our kitchen window, feeders in a tree outside our bedroom where we can view the woodpeckers and numerous other beautiful birds. Our wonderful Buzzards soaring, diving, weaving against a backdrop of blue sky. When Huxley, my beloved canine companion for so many years, died, I was very sad. The Lord sent a cat, she was living rough and when we put out food she came and made her home with us.

Recently I was feeling low and allowing negative thoughts into my mind. Dennis called me to look at two young pigeons on the lawn. Their Mum came and they followed her up onto a beam of wood. She began to feed them and as she went to each one she spread her wing around them, like a hug. I wanted to cry, it made me think of Father God and His tender arms holding me. He is everywhere I look.

God incidents before my healing. For many years, I took a Sunday School Class each week at a local church. We had a holiday booked to Spain, where a friend let us rent her apartment. Next to the shop and complex office we spotted a notice advertising a church service in a hotel. We decided to go. There were a number of people who were on holiday so one of the Pastors asked us to introduce ourselves and say where we came from. After the service we found ourselves being taken aside by the couple who led the fellowship. They were very excited because we lived close to their daughter and two granddaughters. Apparently they had been praying their Grandchildren would go to Sunday School, so when I had mentioned I taught a class they asked if we would make contact and take the two girls with us each Sunday. When we got home I telephoned and explained who I was. It was all easy because the Pastors had been in touch and told them about us.

For many years we picked up the girls and also involved them in our other outreach, and we got to know the family. When I was healed it was a tremendous witness. Mum was already attending church, but Dad was not convinced.

This was an incredible ‘God Incident’ because it involved thousands of miles to connect to people who were almost neighbours. God had orchestrated this from the moment I sat down next to the person at Selwyn College Cambridge, and we became friends, she found Jesus and was Baptised, and let us use her apartment in Spain.

After my healing, on holiday at this apartment in Spain once again, we found ourselves ministering to several people. We agreed one last meeting on the evening hours before we were due to fly home. It was brilliant to see the Lord working in this precious teenager. Her Dad said he would drive us to the airport. He dropped us off and we made our way to join the line for checking in. The Lord honours those who honour Him.

As we handed over our tickets it was approaching midnight, the gentleman looked at us, took our passports and proceeded to speak to someone on the telephone. We couldn’t understand what he was saying but an uneasy feeling began to creep inside my head, something was definitely wrong. Eventually he turned and looked at us saying the bad news was that we had misread our tickets and had missed the flight by twenty four hours. (If we had not misread we could not have been used by the Lord to minister to the teenager). The chap then half smiled at us saying he had put us on this flight and there would be no extra charge. We appreciated this was most unusual, but with God in control amazing things happen.

As I began to hear God more clearly I found myself doing things I would not normally do.

I was out shopping with Dennis and as he went into the Christian Book Shop I went next door to pick up office supplies. The place was packed and I stood in line waiting to be served. To my right a young man and older gentleman were talking, they were waiting for some photocopying. Suddenly I was   being asked to give them my testimony book, (I had felt prompted to put one in my bag before we left home). I actually had a lively conversation explaining to God that this would be embarrassing as I didn’t know them. However I realized I had to do it so I put my stationary back, (so I could make a quick exit), and I moved across getting the book out of my bag. I explained that I knew they would think I was very strange but God had told me to give them my testimony. I handed it over to the surprised pair and bolted out of the shop and went next door to find Dennis. We huddled together and told him what I had done when the door opened and the older chap came in and straight towards me. He said the young man recently gave his life to the Lord and the previous night he was sharing Jesus with a group of his friends. They laughed and said they would listen to him when he brought them evidence that Jesus is still working miracles. The young man was taking my testimony for them to read.

In the early hours of one morning I woke up with the clear instructions to   telephone someone I had not seen in years and who I used to work with. Again I had a ‘chat’ with God saying I didn’t think it was a good idea. I am learning not to question! Deciding to dial and let it ring three times I thought that would be ok and she wouldn’t answer, but on the second ring I heard her voice. My stumbling apology about the Lord telling me to phone was cut short when she when she declared that she was so thankful for the call. She had to have her locks changed because of a stalker getting in and moving things around when she was out. The police said not to stay there eon her own as it was the first night but she didn’t listen and now she could hear noises outside and was really scared. We talked for ages until she was able to sleep.

When I look back over the years I see the amazing way the Lord has touched my life and that of my family. I suppose the most wonderful for my Mum was when she was in a state of drug induced unconsciousness dying of cancer. With my sister we prayed that someone from the church who knew Mum would come to pray for her. The two ministers who fitted this description had recently moved on and the new chap had never got to know Mum. We went to the canteen for a break and as we walked in we both exclaimed together, there sitting at a table in front of us was one of the pair of ministers we had prayed about. He had stopped off on a journey from Newcastle to London to have a meeting here at the hospital with an old friend. We told him about Mum and he went with us to pray for her. As he was praying she opened her eyes for the first time in a week and smiling she said, “Thank you.” She died peacefully the following day.

He has always been with us both.

I went to college on a pre nursing course and met Dennis. We were fifteen. Every lunch time I went with a group of friends to trampoline in the gym. Three or four boys would often turn up and kick footballs at us. Dennis was one of them, and Gordon, someone I had known since I was five. Gordon told me that two of the boys liked me, Billy and Dennis, and would I like to go out with one of them. He kept pestering me and eventually to shut him up I asked what they looked like. One had blonde hair and the other black so I said I would meet the one with black hair. Gordon came back telling me the time and place, and I promptly forgot, as I had no intention of turning up.

Several days later, my friend Lesley had come over for a ‘girlie’ evening, suddenly my Dad yelled upstairs, “Julia, get down here now!” Two men were standing in our kitchen, and the one called Sergeant Stone asked me if I was supposed to be meeting someone that evening. I remembered Gordon and said I couldn’t remember what night it was supposed to be as I wasn’t intending going. I got a lecture on strangers and not arranging meetings with people I didn’t know. He said they had picked up this person loitering outside our house, and they thought he might be the one who had been attacking women on the estate. My Dad went ‘mad’ at me and I was grounded for a month.

We had just started the Easter holidays so it was two weeks before I saw Gordon and gave him a telling off. I was stunned when he told me what had happened to Dennis. Apparently, he turned up to meet me and waited, sitting on the road sign at the corner of our house. A neighbour spotted him and called the police who sent a pair of officers to walk past him a couple of times, then the vehicle arrived and he was unceremoniously bundled into the back of a police van and taken to the Police Station for questioning. They went over the details about meeting me many times, but eventually, with his story confirmed, they let him go. His Mum was furious and went down to the Police Station to complain. It was many years before I shared that I was the girl. I felt awful when Gordon told me all this, and was amazed when he said Dennis still wanted to go out with me. This time I insisted he ask me himself, and we met on the stairs leading up to the Library. He asked me, and we arranged a day and time, it was then we heard the clapping. All his mates were standing on the balcony above us listening.

That was the beginning of our life journey together. There has never been a dull moment.

Life changed dramatically for us when Mum and Dad bought a bungalow, less than a year after we met. I was seventeen when I became a nursing Cadet at the Dorothy Whitely School of Nursing in Mansfield, and as a resident in the Nursing home, seeing Dennis was difficult. Daily phone calls and our weekends were possible until I began my State Registered Nurse training. Time with Dennis was precious.

In Sheffield Mum, Nan and Grandad were members of a church, but Mum never went again after she married Dad. When I was very young she gave me a Bible and would tell me about Jesus. I read my Bible and learned 1Corinthians chapter13 by heart.

I never doubted Jesus was always with me. I talked to Him regularly, but it was in my first month, on my first ward as a student nurse, that I fully comprehended Him as a living and wonderful friend. Mr. Davey was a man in his thirties, with a wife and two sons. He was dying. As a ‘green’, straight out of introductory block nurse I was completely   unprepared for the emotional rollercoaster I was about to board. The Staff Nurse gave me the job of caring for Mr. Davey, spending time with him, making sure he was comfortable. This went on for over a week and when I returned from my day off the ward report said he was deteriorating fast. His wife had been called and until she arrived I went to sit with him. Mr. Davey had spoken to me about his faith before, his love for Jesus, and now he began to share his excitement, knowing he was going to be with Jesus forever. He described a place he could see that was beautiful, with a perfume so deliciously different to anything he had ever smelled before. Everywhere there was a glow, a beautiful light, illuminating the exquisite plants and flowers. There was a figure and he knew this was Jesus, but he was waiting for his wife to arrive before he made the final step into His waiting arms. He then described what was happening to his wife, the car had broken down as she was going to pick up the boys and she would be sometime before she got to the hospital.

 I was crying, so were the men in nearby beds, they could hear what he was telling me. Eventually Mrs. Davey came through the curtains, what he told us had actually happened. As I got up to leave them he reached over, putting his hand on my face, and told me that God would bless me all the days of my life. He died peacefully, holding his wife’s hand. Jesus is real, Jesus is alive.

Three years later I worked on a Cardiac Unit. A patient had a cardiac arrest and I was part of the ‘crash’ team. We resuscitated him and he called to speak to me. He described in detail what had happened to him, plus the nurses and the Doctor who were present. It was incredible because I had seen him flat on his back, not breathing, without a heartbeat, and his eyes closed. I was shocked because there was no way he could have known. He said he had been looking down on himself and us, and was fighting to stop himself going through a black wall. He knew if he went through he would not get back, and he was terrified of the other side. I thought about this for a long time after he had another cardiac arrest and died, but I did not make a link with Mr. Davey until many years later. I had not realised that Jesus showed me the difference in a death of assurance through faith in Him, and a death without Him. I also understand now about seeing with spirit eyes, how  Mr. Davey could see his wife. There were many experiences involving death, and my faith increased each time I saw how peacefully people who knew and loved Jesus left this earth.

One blessed Christian lady in her eighties announced as she sat knitting that she would die at ten o clock, Jesus was coming. We made the suitable platitudes, thinking she had lost the ‘plot’. She calmly sat knitting and then she suddenly burst into ‘And did those Feet in Ancient Times”, her voice was clear and sweet. She reached the end and we all smiled at each other and got on with our jobs. A buzzer sounded and as we responded we saw that the patient in the next bed had her hands to her face. Jesus had indeed come to take his daughter home, right on time.

Death does not make me fearful because I know Jesus is waiting for me. Looking back over my life I recognise times when only angelic hands saved me, and Dennis. We had an accident with a fence and two stakes came through the car. One came through the steering wheel, stopping centimetres away from Dennis’s chest, the other through the floor between my feet.                                                                                                                                      

Again, in a car, we rounded a bend to face another vehicle speeding towards us on the wrong side of the road. Afterwards we both said we had resigned ourselves in a split second to a head on collision. It didn’t happen, although bumpers were touching, we did not crash.         

Heading up the motorway, a bang was followed with chunks of metal and oil flying past the window as we veered from the fast lane, thankfully over two clear lanes, onto the hard shoulder. The engine had exploded! Another time, on the motorway again, Dennis had a front tyre blow out in the fast lane, traffic was heavy but the car slid into the side and halted without hitting anything. He is with us, and has been with us, throughout our lives.  


“If you die tonight where will you go?” We know where we are going because we know Jesus and with Jesus in our lives there is no fear. Dennis-I was sitting in the garden under the walnut tree watching the leaves fluttering to the ground from above my head. It was autumn and although I had seen the leaves fall from trees many times before I suddenly became aware of the significance. Just as the leaves fall from trees in autumn and wither away and die, my life was like that. What is the purpose of living a lifetime if the only outcome at the end of it is to die, with nothing else? The falling leaves were used by Jesus Spirit, His Holy Spirit, to reveal to me that God has more for us than life and the finality of death. I knew with certainty that Jesus, the Son of the Living God, died on the Cross, bore all my sins and sickness, was raised from the dead by God the Father, for me, so I needn’t fear death anymore, because in Jesus I have been given the gift of eternal life. Praise the Lord. My life from that moment was renewed, more alive, and full of purpose, love, joy and peace. I know where I am going. There is no fear of death when Jesus is in your life.

Julia-(You have already read this in more detail). As a young student nurse I was privileged to be with a follower of Jesus at the time just before he died. This man was 35 and knew he was about to die from cancer. He spoke calmly and with love about Jesus and said he would share with me what he could see as he approached death. He described a beautiful garden, the smells and beauty and also the brilliant light at the far end He was longing to get to that light because he told me he knew that it was Jesus. This blessed man died about an hour after sharing this with me. From that time I lost all my fear of death.  I was 18 years old. I knew then as now, that Jesus is real, I know Jesus is alive. When I was 21 at the end of my training, a patient had a cardiac arrest, his heart and lungs had stopped working. After we successfully started them again, he shared with me the terrible fear he had experienced. He detailed everything we did as he lay,  clinically a dead person, he said he was looking down at us. All around the bed was a black wall and he was being sucked through. He said he had never felt such fear and he fought hard to get back. He died a few days later. I pray he found Jesus before he died.

Psalm 34:4...I prayed to the Lord and He answered me, freeing me from all my fears. Jesus is our Saviour, our friend and our healer.

JESUS IS THE QUICKENING SPIRIT - He gives us vibrant, abundant life, and, after death a body like His own   Imperishable one. Jesus says….. Why settle for business as usual? Why struggle to survive? In Me, your life becomes filled with challenges which I accomplish, through you. In Me, your life is a training ground for the adventures of life to come. Enjoy My life NOW. “And so it is written, the first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.” 1Corinthians 15:45